CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I've Been Tagged

So...thanks in part to Zoetie, it appears Kathi has been tagged to list 5 random things about herself. Here goes...

1 - Since my parents never got me the cocker spaniel I always dreamed of having, I took matters into my own hands and found a pet. His name was Perky...and he was a bird...a dead bird...whose eyes would pop open whenever you squeezed his neck. Perky was a part of the family for 3 days until my parents found out about him (smelled him) and made me give him a proper burial. Best friend I ever had.

2 - Since my 16th birthday in 1997, I have had 9 jobs, 3 boyfriends, 7 different residences, 15 different hairstyles (and 1 perm!), 4 surgeries, 3 trips abroad, 5 bridesmaid dresses, 3 formal dresses in college, 2 prom dresses, and only 1 car. That's right, the white 1994 Grand Am is still alive and (barely) kicking.

3 - Sometimes my toes turn purple (more often than not actually). Weird.

4 - Hi my name is Kathi. And I am addicted to...cutting coupons. It all started at Giant Foodstores in PA where they double all coupons up to a dollar. One time I paid $ .64 on a bill that should have been $ 18.73. Another time I paid $ 18.15 on a bill that should have been $ 86.29. I'm not sorry for my actions or the people I've hurt in the process. I can't help it...its who I am.

5 - Most of you would think I always walked the straight and narrow, but one day I did not. In the middle of winter of my 1st grade year I got kicked out of gym class. Mrs. VanderKolk was at wits end with our class and warned that the next person to say a word was "outta of there." However I missed that ultimatum while I was trying to tell the person in front of me in line that he needed to move up...he was crowding my space. Mrs. VanderKolk pointed me towards the door where I sat by the drinking fountain in the hallway wallowing in self pity until the 6th graders came walking down the hallway. I couldn't be seen, so I jetted towards the bathroom for what I thought was a few seconds while the older kids passed. 35 minutes later, the search party was successful in finding me . Needless to say, Mrs. VanderKolk learned her lesson to never kick me out of class again.


How could you kick that little face out of gym class? :)



Alrighty, that's all I got. I tag Corrie, Luke, and Grant.

9 comments:

The Petroeljes said...

All I have to say is - this post is classic. I busted a gut the entire time reading it. Thanks for making me laugh! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Corrie and Phil said...

That was GREAT, Kathi. I thought that I knew nearly everything about you. Boy, was I in for a surprise. Thanks for the good laugh. Not so much of a thanks for the "tag."

Jill Sloothaak said...

So, I'm wondering since you seem to remember getting kicked out of gym class so vividly if you remember who it was that was standing in front of you that caused you to get kicked out....I'm glad you specified that it was a boy so at least I know it wasn't me! :)

Noel said...

Hilarious! Do you know that I have done the same thing with coupons? We have a store that doubles them as well and I've walked out many times paying nothing. Noel and I always look at each other and say, "Total snake job...we totally snaked them".
Heidi

Noel said...

One more thing...sometimes my toes turn purple too! It happened last time I was at the doctor and she said it was "Raynaud's syndrome" or something like that. Apparently it's quite common.
Heidi

Dirk Handlebar said...

Pretty bird. Pretty bird. Pretty bird.

That's a great story.

I can attest to the purple toes.

Jana said...

I knew you were a rebel.

jess o said...

Kathi "Bad Ass" Carlson,
Love the post.
You always make me laugh.
You're the bestest.
:)

Corrie and Phil said...

Okay, I finally did it. I took your tag and created my post. You were an inspiration, my dear Coupon Queen!