CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 17, 2011

More Pics

Here are just a few pics of the last couple of days. (in no particular order)


Meeting my little man for the very first time.



You can already tell he's a Carlson! Practicing his mooning skills at such a young age! (Grandma C - doesn't he just make you so proud!)








Here's our going home pic. The 2 nurses who took the picture both said "So cute...turned out great" So we didn't even look at the picture. Can't say I'm too thrilled with it, but whatever I was getting outta there!


Proud Papa








I just love this picture of Bryce and my Mom


Brielle brought her favorite blankie and green bear to share with her baby brother...so sweet! She has really been great with all of those so far. (My guess is that she thinks my mom came out to be her personal playmate...so life is good with her!)


Brielle holding Bryce and making sure we knew he had a nose, mouth, toes, fingers...all were accounted for.


Chad's Mom made a marathon 48 hour road trip to meet her newest grandson. She drove in on Wednesday night, was Brielle's personal playmate for the morning, was able to meet Bryce, and then made the trip back home. It meant the world to us that you did that - thanks Mom!


My mom came into town Monday night to spend the next week and a half with us helping out with everything from laundry, Bryce duty, personal playmate to Brielle...you name it...she's doing it. Thanks for your servants heart mom...you're the best!



Just for a quick run down of the labor and delivery (for those who are interested). I had been having non stress tests for the last month of my pregnancy because he had been measuring small the entire pregnancy (Does 7 lbs 7 oz seem small to anyone?!). So I went in on Tuesday anticipating to have a non stress test, pass with flying colors, and go shopping with my Mom. Well, Bryce decided to go into a serious sleep and not have very much activity on the non stress test. He then proceeded to only get 4 points out of 8 on the bio physical ultrasound test. So we were staying put and I got induced shortly after noon on Tuesday. We were then in labor for the rest of the day until I pushed once and Bryce made his appearance. We had such a great experience at Altoona Hospital...the nurse were great, the doctors were great. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

6 comments:

Corrie and Phil said...

Pushed ONCE? You are going to be hated by every mother who reads this.

On that note, you certainly don't look you just gave birth. You look fantastically chipper, bright-eyed, and already back in pre-pregnancy shape. How on earth did you manage that?!

Aren't Grandma's the BEST! SO GLAD that you have your mom there to help with these early days.

At first, I thought that Bryce looked a LOT like Brielle. I still see it a little bit...in the nose and mouth, BUT I also see little traces of Kathi in there as well. He is ABSOLUTELY adorable.

Yeah for a smooth delivery. Yeah for good nurses and doctors. YEAH for all the pictures. Keep 'em comin'!!!

Thinking of you!

The VanderZwaags said...

Love all the pictures!! Congrats! Glad things went so smoothly and quickly!! You look great! Hope you're feeling great too!! So glad both Grandmas were able to be there! Congrats again!

Kate Oberholtzer said...

Thanks for the update, sweet friend! We're so happy for you guys...and he IS a little cutie!!! Can't wait to get caught up more at some point...

Chad Oberholtzer said...

I'm a little behind in my blog reading, but these pics are great!! I can't wait to meet Bryce. And maybe he won't be so scared of me, since Brielle and I are now best friends!! We'll get in touch to try to figure out a good time to swing down to the Toona...

Blessings,
Chad O.

Melissa said...

Awesome pictures...you look fantastic! Can't wait to see you in August :)

Diane said...

So adorable! Can't wait to see him and Brielle again!