CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Visitor to My World!



So on most days I spend all day with the kids and by the end of the day my patience can run pretty thin. A lot of the time I get frustrated with them or short with them or I get impatient and snappy and I feel like the worst parent in the world.....especially since Chad is normally a patient, calm, and collected person even with the kids.




But.......Chad got firsthand experience of my world on Sunday. I suggested that he and Brielle make cookies together while I did some cleaning before the Super Bowl. It started off well.....but then I kind of enjoyed watching his fuse grow short (hee-hee) as Brielle:



1-stuck her hand in the flour in the mixing bowl


2-dumped an unknown amount of the teaspoon of baking powder on her feet (leaving Chad to guess how much to add)


3-demanded that she crack the eggs (and you can guess how that went)


4-violently stirred the dry mixture without being asked to do so sending a good bit of it to find a home on the floor.


5-ate "finger-fuls" of batter and picked out chocolate chips..........and (drum roll!)


6-sneezed in the batter

Oh, may I just say that witnessing this whole experience made me feel a whole lot better about myself and how I feel about the kids after a long day with them! Thank you Chad! And despite the sneeze...the cookies still turned out really good!








I think Chad was as hot as the oven by the end of it, but the cookies turned out great! Anyone want to try some?





5 comments:

amberWIRE said...

YES and yes. yes. I love it.

Diane said...

Love it! I laughed out loud!

Melissa said...

Funny! It's good for men to get a glimpse of our world, isn't it ;)

Corrie and Phil said...

I laughed throughout that entire post. I've been through many of those same baking moments with my little "helper" and it's nearly impossible to stay calm, cool, and collected. Wish you would have had a time lapse video of the whole thing. :)

don and sara said...

Haha- I'm still laughing about this and probably will for a long time! So funny!