CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Life of a 5 Day Old

Hi Everyone! It's me Brielle! What a world this is...


First of all, I need to do a little pronunciation of my name. There seems to be a little confusion by some people on how to say it...is it all that hard? (I really haven't tried to say it yet!)


Well in my 5-day old spelling I'm going to give it a whirl. My name is Bre-yell Uh-Nay.


I thought I would give you a little recap of what life has been like here these past couple of days.


Mommy and I stayed in the hospital from Monday until Wednesday morning. While we were there, we had so many great visitors. First off, Grandma & Grandpa Carlson & Grandma & Grandpa Grotenhuis came all the way from Michigan to visit me. (I showed them on my hand where they came from) And they have been lovin' on me a lot! The Grandpas left on Wednesday night, but the Grandma's are still around, so the spoilin' continues!

Wednesday morning we came home from the hospital and needless to say I had worn Mommy out over the past couple of nights because I just kept waking her up because my tummy was growling and wanted food. So, she took a good nap while Grandma Grotenhuis cuddled with me. Meanwhile, Daddy and Grandpa Grotenhuis and Grandpa & Grandma Carlson went to Altoona to go find me a house to live in. Man...I'm alive only one day and I already demand so much! Well, they found a house for me and bought it (without Mommy even seeing it!). Check it out online - 214 Coleridge Ave. in Altoona. So now I have a backyard to play in with a swing set and a big playroom to play in! Yippee! Thanks Grandpas for taking the time to buy me a house and then get back to Michigan at 2:30 am. (I was awake at that time if you wanted to give me a buzz!)

Thursday was a travelin' day for me. I took my first trip to the doctors office with Mommy and Daddy. Everything checked out okay, so that was a good thing! I also was very proud because I didn't have any accidents while my diaper was off!

I also went on a road trip with "just the girls" to see my new house. Boy do I like it! I am going to have so much fun playing with cousins Grant & Brooke and Uncle Jeff, Aunt Shawna, & Aunt Bethany! I talked with Grant last night and his play set has monkey bars and a yellow slide. Mine only has swings...but I think we can still have fun!

I think I'm really going to like it here in this world. Mommy and Daddy have told me about all these great people that can't wait to meet me! Well, I can't wait to meet you but until then you'll just have to keep checking out pictures of me (which I am SO sick of - can you tell?) :)

4 comments:

kimberly said...

What fun! Congrats on the purchase of a new house... Pretty impressive to have a baby and buy a house all in one week. :) Hope your transitions all go smoothly! Can't wait to meet Brielle.

Corrie and Phil said...

CONGRATS on the new house. What a big week for the Carlsons. I love the new pictures. Thanks for making them a little bigger. I also love the updates, and I can't wait for more!!! Hope you're all doing, and feeling, well.

Corrie and Phil said...

OKAY...time for more pictures!!! If you have them somewhere other than the blog, pass those along. I'm just anxious to see more of your little peanut!

jess o said...

Congrats on the new house, guys! Wow, and it is super adorable!! I am praying all the new transitions go smoothly; I'm sure it can be really overwhelming! love you lots and give your lil' girl a snuggle from her friends up in MI! :)