CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Goodbye Old Friend

Due to the vansectomy, I decided that it was time for me to part ways with a friend that has been by my side for over 13 years. She has been there for me through high school, brought me to prom and joined me on trips to watch football, basketball, and baseball games...she helped me through my college years wherever a road trip might have led. She brought me to my first job and survived all my job-related trips across the state (including a trip through Flint to get to Auburn Hills....hmmmm, too bad she wasn't good with directions). She even followed me out to Pennsylvania daring to brave the mountains of State College and Altoona. We have put on many miles together over the years (including a few "parking stops" along the way...enough said). But it was time to say good-bye, and so with tears in my eyes (pathetic, I know) I hand over the keys of the '94 Grand Am to 16-year old Carrie from across the street. Her behind is now going to be in the seat it took me 13 years to mold (my mold seemed to grow each year). Anyway, it is an odd feeling knowing I will never drive her again, but I can rest easy knowing I have many memories with her and that I can see her parked everyday in the driveway across the street. Good bye old friend...I will miss you (but my dad/mechanic may not!) Treat your new owner well!








6 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

That car is still ticking? Wow! I hope you are loving the new wheels! :).

Kate Oberholtzer said...

I sang a Linda Ronstadt song and composed "Ode to a Subaru" when we traded in my high school/college car...so I don't think your tears are pathetic at ALL! :)

don and sara said...

I know how you feel! I think I shed a tear when the cavalier drove away!

Corrie and Phil said...

Farewell!

At least you'll be able to watch her from a distance to help with the transition process.

Bethany said...

aww sorry Kath! Hope you're coping ok.

Aunt Kathie said...

Kathi, At least now you can sympathize w/your Dad. I think he felt the same way when the blazer left the yard for good!